Kirtiraj Kundlik Gaikwad awarded with IAFP Young scientist scholarship award 2016
Kirtiraj Kundlik Gaikwad, an Indian scientist, was on 12 October 2016 awarded with the prestigious IAFP Young scientist scholarship award 2016 for his research work on development of novel oxygen absorbing package in the field of active packaging for oxygen sensitive food products.
The award worth 2000 US dollars and an award plaque was presented to him in the annual meeting of International Association Of Food Protection (IAFP) held in St Louise, USA by The IAFP Foundation, USA.
About Kirtiraj Kundlik Gaikwad
• Kirtiraj received his MS (Packaging) from Michigan State University, USA in 2013 and MTech (Food safety & standards) from Allahabad Agriculture University, India in 2011.
• He has authored and co-authored 15 research papers in reputed international journals.
• He developed this novel oxygen scavenging package from the natural source. The feature of this package is that it can extend the shelf life of food. Moreover, it is suitable for microwave, liquid food packaging like juices and metal detector friendly at processing line.
About International Association Of Food Protection (IAFP)
• The International Association for Food Protection recognizes young researchers from around the world that are the future leaders in the field of food safety.
• The IAFP Foundation has been dedicated to enhance the career potential of exceptional researchers through the annual IAFP Scholarship Program, which provides full funding for the annual meeting.
• IAFP members, representing more than 50 countries, help the association achieve its mission through networking, educational programs, journals, career opportunities.