India-born Rajeev Misra in the third week of October 2016 was appointed the SoftBank Vision Fund, constituted by Japanese telecom and Internet major Softbank Corp.
The SoftBank Vision Fund intends to make investments in the technology sector globally. It is managed in the United Kingdom by a subsidiary of the Saudi Binladin Group (SBG). It is reportedly one of the world’s largest of its kind and will be operated from London.
Who is Rajeev Misra?
• Prior to his new assignment, Rajeev served as Head of Strategic Finance at SoftBank Group Corp for nearly two years from 3 November 2014.
• He joined SoftBank in November 2014.
• He had spent five years at UBS as the Global Head of Credit and Head of Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
• He also served as the Head of Credit Derivatives and Chief of Global Credit Trading at Deutsche Bank AG.
• He completed his schooling at Delhi Public School, New Delhi.
• Later, he pursued Chemical Engineering in IIT-Delhi for a year before switching over to Pennsylvania University, US where he completed his graduation in Mechanical Engineering and MTech in Computer Science.
• Subsequently, he obtained a degree in MBA from Sloan School of Management after which he joined Merrill Lynch.