Yudhvir Singh Malik in the third week of November 2016 was appointed the new Chairman of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
Malik, who worked as the Special Secretary with NITI Aayog, will replace Raghav Chandra.
After Malik’s appointed, Chandra has been shifted to National Commission for Schedule Tribes.
Who is Yudhvir Singh Malik?
• Malik is an 83 batch Haryana cadre IAS officer.
• He had joined NITI Aayog as its Additional Secretary in September 2015.
• Before joining the NITI Aayog, he worked as the CEO of FSSAI from 20 October 2014 to 23 September 2015. It was during his tenure that Maggi noodle was banned.
About National Highways Authority of India
• The National Highways Authority of India is an autonomous agency of the Government of India.
• It was created through the promulgation of the National Highways Authority of India Act, 1988.
• It looks after the management of a network of over 92851.05 km of National Highways in the country.
• It is a nodal agency of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
• It has also signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for satellite mapping of highways.
• Yogendra Narain was the first Chairman of NHAI.